Friday, April 22, 2016

Interview with Pushpendra Mehta


Recently I sat down with Pushpendra Mehta author of The Suitable Inheritor.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog.



What genre do you write?



While my latest novel The Suitable Inheritor is an inspirational romance, I have also written two nonfiction-self-help books.  



Tell us something about yourself people may not know?



For three years between the ages of 11-14, I attended a boarding school in a small town in northern India. I bunked in a big room with nine other classmates and two ceiling fans that saved us from the scorching heat. Discipline was the order of the day from ironed uniforms to strict schedules for meals, school, sports, free time, and homework. To this day, I still have difficulty with the sight and smell of oatmeal, due to an oatmeal breakfast served every morning in the boarding school cafeteria.



Who inspires your writing?



To be honest, what really inspires me is to share stories to make a difference, as opposed to inspiration from a specific individual. Fortunately, I’ve had the exposure of experiencing varied cultures, professions, and relationships. The stories I write are the result of those experiences, whether it is a mundane occurrence or something much more profound, therefore writing comes to me naturally.



How did you come to choose to write books?



While I was in grad school, during a 30-second elevator ride with Lee Heubner (an alumnus of Harvard University and Northwestern University, who also served as the publisher and CEO of the International Herald Tribune), he suggested I write a book.  In his words – “You must now do two things – author a book, and learn how to write and deliver speeches. Authors are often called to make speeches.”



What is your favorite animal?



Horses, because of their loyalty.



What is your favorite holiday?



I have two favorite holidays – Thanksgiving and Diwali, the Festival of Lights.



Do you have any books to be released in 2016-2017?



I have just released The Suitable Inheritor (a novel) that is a journey to the extraordinary through Chicago and Peru with a strong India connect. It is an inspiring story of true love, extraordinary success, divine intervention, profound relationships, sacrifice, and support.



If you were on a deserted island what three things would you take with you?



An interesting companion, a lighter, a journal and pen.

0 shout outs: