Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Character Post: Tori Sinclair of The Sewing Circle Mysteries




The Moment The Earth Stopped
By Tori Sinclair of the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries





While I know life can be unpredictable, there are some things I’ve come to expect when it comes to my friends…

Margaret Louise will show pictures of her grandbabies to anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Dixie will always find a way to remind me that the day I was hired as her replacement at Sweet Briar Public Library was the worst day of her life.

Debbie makes the best brownies ever.

Beatrice will never say a harsh word about anyone.

Melissa always smells like baby powder.

And Leona and Rose are like oil and water—they don’t get along. At all.

So you can imagine my surprise (and the way I nearly choked on the cookie I was eating at the time) when Rose told me she was going into business with Leona.

Rose…

And Leona…

Business partners.

I admit, when she first told me, I actually laughed. And by laughed, I mean tears streaming down my face. The whole cookie-choking part came when I realized Rose wasn’t laughing.

Rose Winters and Leona Elkin are now co-owners of SewTastic, the brand new sewing shop in downtown Sweet Briar. Yes, I know, Leona doesn’t sew. But apparently that doesn’t matter anymore than the fact that these two women despise one another.

Or did.

Now, when I walk by their shop on the way to the library, I see them inside…talking. Sometimes even laughing. And the other day? They went shopping together.

Together.

Rose and Leona.

Like they’re actually…friends.

Which is why I can’t shake this feeling that something really bad is about to happen…



(Find out what in Elizabeth Lynn Casey’s latest release, NEEDLE AND DREAD)



***



Elizabeth Lynn Casey is the pseudonym for Laura Bradford.  Laura (aka Elizabeth) is the author of
several mystery series and a handful of romance novels. She is a former Agatha Award nominee and the recipient of an RT Reviewer’s Choice Award.  In her free time, Laura enjoys making memories with her family, baking, playing games, and catching up with friends. In addition to the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries she writes as Elizabeth Lynn Casey, Laura also pens the Amish Mysteries, the Jenkins & Burns Mysteries, and the upcoming Emergency Dessert Squad Mysteries (Éclair and Present Danger, Book # 1, will debut in June).

For more information, visit Laura’s website: www.laurabradford.com  or get to know her even better on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laurabradfordauthor, and on Twitter:  @bradfordauthor and @elizabethlcasey.

1 shout outs:

Laura Bradford said...

Thanks for hosting Tori today! :)