Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review: Kristy's Great Idea by: Ann M Martin

Title: Kristy's Great Idea
Author: Ann M Martin
Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
Pages: 153
Series: The Baby-Sitters Club #1
Format: Kindle
Source: Purchase

Description:

Kristy thinks the Baby-sitters Club is a great idea. She and her friends Claudia, Stacey and Mary Anne all love taking care of kids. A club will give them the chance to have lots of fun-and make tons of money.

But nobody counted on crank calls, uncontrollable two-year-olds, wild pets, and parents who don't always tell the truth. And then there's Stacey, who's acting more and more mysterious. Having a baby-sitters club isn't easy, but Kristy and her friends aren't giving up until they get it right!

My Thoughts: 

This is the first book I ever read when I was reading on my own.  I loved the premise of four best friends that turn babysitters and made a club out of it.  I loved the difference all the girls had.  This book sets up all the ones to follow it tells the story of Kristy and how she came up with the idea of The Baby-Sitters Club and how they had a rough start to begin with but it all worked out in the end.

Definitely a great series for young readers who are looking for characters to identify with.  I'm going to work my way though this whole series again as there were some I never got too.  Next in the series:


This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: