Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Guest Post by: Anna Therrien author of Seperated


How I wrote Seperated by: Anna Therrien

I wrote ‘Separated’ for the simple fact that I love writing. I’ve always wanted to write a good book and publish it, so I guess you can say it’s a dream come true, a “check” off my bucket list. I chose to write this book, because I can relate to some of the topics I covered, including bullying and relationship issues, good and bad. I did a lot of research for this, so the places and issues I talked about are real.

I wanted my characters to be likeable with real goals, dreams, and problems. As I really got into the book, I felt a closeness to the characters, especially Connor and his best friend Nick, who happens to be gay. They were two of my favorite characters.

The story starts out with Connor expressing to his adopted mother that he wants to find his birth mother. He knows her name and where to find her, he just doesn’t know why he was given up for adoption or if he has siblings. As the story unfolds, he learns that everything is not as it seems. He eventually finds out the truth and why that part of his life was kept hidden, while living his life with his best friend Nick, new girlfriend, and new friends.

Links:

0 shout outs: