Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Interview with Lynn Cahoon author of A Story to Kill


Recently I had a chance to sit down with Lynn Cahoon author of the Tourist Trap Mysteries and the recent author of A Story to Kill.  Thank you Lynn for stopping by Community Bookstop.  Thanks for having me over. 

What genre do you write?

Cozy Mysteries – Light on gore, light on sex, high on fun. I have two mystery series, The Cat Latimer series which starts with A Story to Kill.  And the Tourist Trap series, which starts with Guidebook to Murder.

I also write sweet to saucy small town romance. 

How did you come to write cozy mysteries?

I’ve always loved reading cozies so I wrote Guidebook to Murder and then sold it in 2013. The series has just expanded and since I love writing the small town of South Cove, it drew me into mystery.

The Cat Latimer series started because I was driving to my old stomping grounds and wondered what if I stopped and started a new life in Colorado. 

Who is your favorite character to write about?

I adore writing Toby, the part-time deputy, part-time barista. He’s a dreamboat and knows it but he really cares about his friends and it’s nice to have a solid guy around you can talk to. 


Who inspires your books?

I wouldn’t say who – but where. I’m moved by setting first, then character, and finally plot. I love writing the little college town of Aspen Hills because it makes me feel like I’m in the mountains, waiting to take off on a hike.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

I love going to our cabin and riding the side-by-side with my husband.  Of course I love reading and for my TV preferences, I’m more of a reality competition nut. I love Project Runway, Top Chef, and shows like that. And I love to cook, when I have time.

If you were stuck on a deserted island what three things would you take?
A good seafood cookbook; a kindle filled with books, and a quilt. I’m always cold. 


0 shout outs: