Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman by: Lily Blake

Title: Snow White and the Huntsman
Author: Lily Blake, Evan Dugherty, John Lee Hancock, Hossein Amini
Publisher: Poppy
Pages: 240
Format: Paperback
Source: Bookstore

Description:

A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.

My thoughts:

For the first time in a very long time, I bought a book at the grocery store, and I felt like it was produced  by the grocery store. I was rather upset that I couldn't see the movie, and now I've decided I'll just wait until it's on DVD so I can just rent it to kill my curiosity.

Yes, the book was a 'darker' Snow White story, but everything happened so fast that if you don't know the original story by heart, you'll have no idea what's going on. If they assumed everyone reading this would know the original, then it's a whole different story. Still, it doesn't justify how bad a job they did with this one.

For me, the Seven Dwarfs are the heart of the story. However, in the book they're barely there. I was very irritated about this. And you know how I said everything happens so fast? For example, after living in the evil queen Ravenna's dungeon pretty much all her life, she suddenly gets all Lara Croft on her ass and kills her. Just like that. And there I am thinking, "Whaaaaaaaaat now?"

Also, since when do young girls prefer hunters over princes? Did they do the movie first and then write the book? I'm too lazy to look up the answers, and it wouldn't change how I feel about the book anyway. I do believe I'll give into curiosity and eventually watch this movie. It might be fun to compare it to the Julia Roberts movie, 'Mirror, Mirror.' Now that was fun.
This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: