Tuesday, January 11, 2011

City of Ashes by: Cassandra Clare Review

As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

My Review: 
I love the Mortal Instruments and my enjoyment gets better with each book.  In the sequel to City of Bones we learn more about Valentine and his plan for domination.  We also learn more about all of the characters and the good and bad and which side people lay on.  I thoroughly enjoy this series and am never disappointed with them.  Cassandra Clare's writing just seems to get better each time I read something of hers.  Definitely a book I couldn't put down I read it while I was in the hospital.  I actually called my boyfriend to have him bring it to me to continue reading while I was laid up.  A 5 cup book as I couldn't put it down.  Can't wait to read City of Glass.
This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: