Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Review: Night Pleasures by: Sherrilyn Kenyon


Title: Night Pleasures
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Series: Dark Hunters #`
Format: e-book ( 309 p.) Personal Purchase

Description:

See how it all began…

Have you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power?

That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: an accountant. She’s smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Now I find myself wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there’s any way a woman can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he’s not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace

My Thoughts: 

If you have read the chronicles of Nick then you somewhat know of Kyrian of Thrace.  You know this as the guy who hired Nick to work for him.  Well in this book you learn about Dark Hunters how they came to be and you learn about Kyrian what horrors he had been through about his bad love affair and how it all fell apart and how he finally found love.

Amanda was a pure girl who is also a sorceress and has yet to tap into her powers.  After recently breaking up with her boyfriend who was dull as dirt.  She found herself handcuffed to a Dark Hunter who stirred something in her she didn't know was there.

Dark Hunters aren't allowed to love.  but the connection between Amanda and Kyrian is so much when danger approaches Amanda has a choose to do something she didn't think possible to save Kyrian will she choose to help him or not?

I love Dark Hunters and I also loved this book also featured sarcastic Nick and all his young glory.  I loved watching the relationship bloom between Kyrian and Amanda and see where it led to such a fabulous story and lots of action as well!

0 shout outs: