Saturday, April 26, 2014

Review: If You Ask Me by: Betty White

Title: If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't)
Author: Betty White
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons
Pages: 258
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchase

Description:

It-girl Betty White delivers a hilarious, slyly profound take on love, life, celebrity, and everything in between.

Drawing from a lifetime of lessons learned, seven-time Emmy winner Betty White's wit and wisdom take center stage as she tackles topics like friendship, romantic love, aging, television, fans, love for animals, and the brave new world of celebrity. If You Ask Me mixes her thoughtful observations with humorous stories from a seven- decade career in Hollywood. Longtime fans and new fans alike will relish Betty's candid take on everything from her rumored crush on Robert Redford (true) to her beauty regimen ("I have no idea what color my hair is and I never intend to find out") to the Facebook campaign that helped persuade her to host Saturday Night Live despite her having declined the hosting job three times already.

Featuring all-new material, with a focus on the past fifteen years of her life, If You Ask Me is funny, sweet, and to the point-just like Betty White.

My Thoughts: 

Betty White has had an exceptional life.  I know myself I grew up with her on the Golden Girls and loved watching her and the other ladies make us laugh.  I loved her when I was older in Lake Placid as she played the brassy Mrs. Delores Bickerman.  Me and my husband love her brassiness in this movie she rocked!  We also watched some Hot In Cleveland and thought she was great in it.  Something about Betty White we just love her as an actress she knows how to thrive in whatever she puts her hand to.

Now after all my gushing about Ms. White onto this book which is great she talks about various topics whether it is her marriage to Allen Ludden, or her love of animals which she has a great theory about.  She connects more with animals because an animal won't lie to you, hurt you on purpose.  They may have bad days but they have their ways of dealing with it.  Got to love that theory!

This book was incredible being able to see what her life was like, what advice she has to offer others and how she has dealt with certain situations.  I am just in awe of her talent and ability!  We are blessed to have Ms. White around for as long as we can and to be able to enjoy her acting ability.  She has played so many different characters but I think her best one is herself.



This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: