I've been reading alot of chic lit and romance books lately and want to share with you my top 5 favorite authors.
1. Sherryl Woods: she has this ability to write romance without the cheapening her abilities. She tells powerful stories taking place in southern areas and just draws people in. Between her Chesapeake Shores series, and her Sweet Magnolias, and her latest series Ocean Breeze Series. The books draw you in and don't let go until the end of the series!
2. Susan Mallery: who has the strength to write about a location that is lacking with men, and showing strong women who want love. Her Fool's Gold series is fabulous! In a town where the ratio is sorely lacking she finds ways to drawn men to her town!
3. Kristan Higgins: Kristan Higgins has brought so much to her romances, With main characters that are a tad dysfunctional and humors main characters having all sorts of issues on top of romance issues. Her books can make you laugh out loud and wonder where she comes up with them.
4. Jill Shalvis: is a new favorite of mine, she writes real characters with real problems and it's great having an author who writes books that you don't necessarily follow each other but are part of a series I enjoy her Lucky Harbor series.
5. Robyn Carr: Oh my gosh can we say Ms. Carr has talent to take strong men and show their other side with their feelings and connecting with men and women. Her Virgin River speaks for itself with all the great characters and relationships, then her newest series Thunderpoint has definitely got something going on with great characters that have incredible depth and still the ability to find love and the happily ever after!
Who are some of your favorite chic lit or romance authors? Feel free to share your thoughts. I'm also looking into reading more southern themed books so if you know any authors feel free to share!