Thursday, August 8, 2013

Series, Sagas and Trilogy's Oh My!



There are unlimited (atleast it seems that way to me) of book series.  Many of them are YA genre but adult books are getting to be the same way.  It seems when you start one book next thing you know it's turned into a trilogy or saga or series.  The first book I recall seeing this will was when I was a kid and it was the babysitter's club which went on forever then as an adult I remember Harry Potter being a series.  


From there it went to Twilight, Hush Hush, Fallen Series and many more.  Now the basis of this post isn't to bash all series books, it's more of a I can't seem to keep up with all these series.  Just recently I completed two series and was uber excited to finally be done with them.


But now looking at it's crazy cause I have one book left in the fallen series to read, 2 in the Hush Hush series.  About oh all the books in The Vampire Academy series, 1 in Alyson Noel's Immortal Series.  It's like never ending.  The list seems to go on and on.  Just when you think you are caught up there are more to read.  Which always makes me wonder if others go through this or if I am a solo act.  Mind you not like I'm slacking I'm also doing book tours, indie books, netgalley, edelweiss, etc.

So the big question of the day is: How many series are you caught up on??  And does it feel like never ending with series books?

Oh what I wouldn't give for some good stand alone fiction!  Oh well off to hopefully get these books underway!  Feel free to share your comments below.





1 shout outs:

Unknown said...

I agree there are a lot of books that are part of a series. I've finished around 8 series. I have way too many more to read that it's unreal.