Sunday, August 19, 2012

Storm Front by: Jim Butcher

Title: Storm Front
Author: Jim Butcher
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pages: 336
Series: The Dresden Files #1

Description:

Harry Dresden--Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations.
Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties, or Other Entertainment.



Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things--and most of them don't play too well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a--well, whatever.

There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get... interesting.

Magic. It can get a guy killed.

My Thoughts:

This is the first in a series it follows the story of Harry Dresden who is a wizard, and not the type to perform for entertainment purposes.  Harry gets retained to help a woman find her husband who's vanished without a trace...but is the husband just out for a joy ride or is he truly missing?

He also gets contacted by the Chicago P.D. for a double homicide of a gruesome nature.  A couple found murdered and Murphy wants answers as to the magical aspect.  Harry is also contacted by a mob boss who wants Harry to butt out and let them take care of business their way.  Is Harry in over his head?

I love this book, I love Harry's humor as he's trying to figure out what is going on in various cases.  His banter with Bob had me loving their relationship.  I ended up reading this because I went through Netflix one night to watch something and stumbled across the show and wanted to read the book prior, I can definitely say Harry is my next great paranormal series read I love it.

Talk about a great ending, oh my god I loved this so much such a great spin on paranormals and private investigators work.  Jim Butcher has such a fabulous writing style.  Definitely a author I will check out again and again!
This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: