Saturday, October 1, 2016

Interview with LynDee Walker author of Lethal Lifestyles


Thank you LynDee for taking the time to stop by Community Bookstop and talking about yourself and your new book Lethal Lifestyles!

What genre do you write?

Mystery and humor.

How did you come to write genre?

I write what I like to read, for the most part: page turners with fun characters that tug at your heart and make you laugh, too.

Who is your favorite character to write about?

My protagonist, Nichelle Clarke, is smart and funny and loyal—all the things I look for in a good friend, so naturally I adore her. But close behind her is her sports columnist friend Grant Parker. It’s been such fun to watch his character grow and develop over the course of six books. Lethal Lifestyles was great fun for me to write, because I got to spend a lot of time with Nichelle and Parker.

Who inspires your books?

I find inspiration in all sorts of places, from a creepy locale that would be the perfect Richmond body dump scene, to news stories, to someone mentioning a weekly polo match in the Virginia countryside. But my family is the reason I open my computer and work on days when I’m not feeling it: I realize how blessed I am to be home with my littles and able to do this thing I love. They are my best inspiration.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

Laundry. I wish that were more of a joke, but three kids with busy school and sports schedules produce dirty clothes by the boatload. All kidding aside: probably the same stuff y’all do when you’re not at work: I play with and read to my littles, volunteer at their schools, spend time with my darling, hang out and drink coffee with my girlfriends, hit the gym a few days a week…you know, suburban work-from-home mom stuff.

If you were stuck on a deserted island what three things would you take?
Oooooh, I love this! A Costco-size box of matches, because I have tried and failed to generate a spark rubbing sticks together; a similarly huge box of tampons, because I read this super cool survival article about how you can use them to filter water and make it drinkable (I keep trying to find a way to work that into a book, but so far I haven’t found a place to get Nichelle quite that lost in the woods. Maybe next time); and my worn old copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It’s my favorite Rowling book, and it’s the longest of the series so it would take the most time to read.


Thanks so much for having me today, Paula! This was fun!
The pleasure was mine thank you for stopping by LynDee!
Book Synopsis:

Synopsis

Wedding bells are ringing at the Richmond Telegraph, and maid of honor Nichelle Clarke is determined to give her friends the perfect fairytale beginning to their happily ever after. So when a corpse crashes rehearsal weekend, Nichelle ditches her wedding coordinator shoes for her crime reporter ones, and a little poking around turns up a big problem: the victim and the groom have a history, and it’s not a pretty one.
Evidence against groom Grant Parker piles up, leaving Nichelle wishing a hostile bridesmaid was still her biggest worry as she tries to fend off Richmond’s favorite TV reporter—and her own scheming publisher. At odds with the cops, her beloved editor, and the ticking clock, Nichelle races to uncover the truth and save the day before this perfect wedding turns into a funeral.
Books in the Headlines in High Heels Mystery Series:
BURIED LEADS (#2)
•DATELINE MEMPHIS (novella after BURIED LEADS in
SMALL TOWN SPIN (#3)
COVER SHOT (#5)

Author Biography:
LynDee Walker is the author of the national bestselling Headlines in High Heels mystery series, beginning FRONT PAGE FATALITY (2013).
with the Agatha Award-nominated
The newest book in the series, LETHAL LIFESTYLES, will be published on September 27, 2016.
Before she started writing mysteries, LynDee was an award-winning journalist. Her work has appeared in newspapers and magazines across the U.S.
She adores her family, her readers, and enchiladas. She often works out tricky plot points while walking off the enchiladas. She lives in Richmond, Virginia, where she is either playing with her children, working on her next novel, or admiring beautiful shoes she can’t wear.
Author Links:
Webpage – www.lyndeewalker.com
Twitter @LynDeeWalker
Purchase Links:

Amazon – B&N –KOBO 

0 shout outs: