Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Interview with Michelle Lynn Siegfried author of Major Crimes



Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today!

What genre do you write? 

Cozy Mysteries and Children’s Picture Books

How did you come to write cozies and Children's Picture Books? 

Cozies were always my favorite books, and over a ten-year-period, I always thought about writing one.  I finally wrote my first book when my daughter was an infant.  After that, I realized I wanted to write a book for her—hence the Children’s Picture Books!

Who is your favorite character to write about?  

I love, love, love writing about “Bonnie.” She is sassy, smart, and tells it like it is.  She can come off as rude and obnoxious, but in a funny way.  Bonnie says things I would never dream of saying to someone out loud! I just think she is hilarious.  I modeled her after a friend of mine, (with her permission).

Who inspires your books?

My daughter and my husband inspire the children’s books. They may say or do something that I think would make a good book, like the new one I’m working on, There’s a Monster in My Mouth.  That’s something my husband would say to my daughter to get her to brush her teeth.

For the mystery novels, I would say various family members inspire me.  Uncle Freddy is modeled after my own Uncle Freddy. Sylvia G from Tax Cut is a cousin of mine. Giuseppe Fruscione from Red Tape was my cousin (Sadly, he passed away). Frank and Geri from Major Crimes are modeled after a couple of my relatives as well. 

I’m also inspired by various municipal clerks, some of which have given me permission to use their real names as characters.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

Between working full-time and being a full-time mom, I find it hard to do much of anything when I’m not writing!! I do like to travel though, and watch a good movie. I’m also a bit of a foodie and love trying out new places to eat!


If you were stuck on a deserted island what three things would you take?

Sunscreen – I burn like oil on a frying pan! My cell phone – not only to call for food delivery, but to take pictures of the beautiful scenery!  And my laptop – to write of course!

1 shout outs:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today!