Sunday, August 12, 2012

311 Pelican Court by: Debbie Macomber

Title: 311 Pelican Court
Author: Debbie Macomber
Publisher: Mira Books
Pages: 384
Format: ebook
Source: Barnes & Noble Purchase
Series: Cedar Cove #3

Description:

Rosie Cox
311 Pelican Court
Cedar Cove, Washington



Dear Reader,

One thing about Cedar Cove -- people sure are interested in what other people are doing. Take me, for instance. Everybody in this town knows that my husband, Zach, and I recently got a divorce. Everybody also knows that Judge Olivia Lockhart decreed a pretty unusual custody arrangement. It won't be the kids moving between my place and Zach's. "We're" the ones who'll be going back and forth Olivia isn't immune to gossip herself. Will she stay with Jack, the guy who runs our local paper, or will she get back with her ex? Inquiring minds want to know?

But the "really" big gossip has to do with the dead guy -- the man who died at a local bed-and-breakfast. Who is he and why did he show up there in the middle of the night? Roy McAfee, our local private investigator, is absolutely determined to find out. I hope he does -- and then I'll let you know See you soon....

Rosie

My Thoughts:

I love reading these books and this one did not disappoint.  The Cox family has gotten a divorce which should have made life easier for Rosie and Zach Cox what they didn't count on was for Judge Olivia Lockhart decide that the kids get the house and the parents would alternate living there.  Zach and Rosie have a lot to work on to find out where their marriage failed.  Which they were able to accomplish.  Olivia is dealing with two men who both want her and having to decide who she wants to be with.  Then there is Grace who after dealing with her husband Dan's suicide.  Grace makes a mess of the relationships she has with Olivia's brother Will and Cliff who had nothing but a great liking for her.  And Will who's married and looking for a cheap fling.  Luckily Grace gets out of the situation with Will before damage can be done.  Cliff on the other hand knows she was cheating and left her having gone through a horrible marriage full of cheating by his wife at the time.  Then there is Charlotte who is getting friendly with Ben Rhodes a newcomer to Cedar Cove and their general interest in getting a clinic in Cedar Cove for those who can't afford to go to doctors or are on welfare.  Grace's daughter Maryellen has had her baby Katie and Jon is very much a part of Katie's life.  And after alot of stop and starts in their relationship Jon and Maryellen have finally gotten their relationship together and are heading towards marriage.  Of course there is still the mystery of the dead guy in the Bed and Breakfast.  Just who is he and why is he dead?

I love going to Cedar Cove and seeing what everyone is up too.  It's like checking in with old friends and seeing how everyone is fairing.  The romance is great seeing people getting together and watching their romance bloom!
This entry was posted in

1 shout outs:

Gigi Ann said...

July was my Debbie Macomber reading month and this is one of the books I read. I decided to read this Cedar Cove series back-to-back, I only have the last two in the series left to read. I will probably get them read in September, because this month of August my reading theme is anything related to, about, or by Jane Austen.

Thank for your visit to my blogs: Ann's Reading Corner and Book Lust Journal, and thanks for becoming a follower of my blogs. I am now a follower of your blog.