Thursday, May 4, 2017

Review: Bed and Breakfast and Murder by: Patti Larsen

Title: Bed and Breakfast and Murder
Author: Patti Larsen
Publisher: Patti Larsen Books
Series: Fiona Fleming #1
Pages: 232
Format: e-book ARC
Source: GEBT

Description:

A Poo Poo Kind of Morning 

I tried not to look down the mouth of hell staring back at me from inside the glaringly pristine outer ceramic shell of the white throne, my throat catching, stomach doing half flips and a rather impressive rollover routine that would have gotten at least a 9.5 even from the Russian judges. Instead, I forced myself to smile and swallow and remind myself the elbow length yellow rubber gloves grasping the handle of the standard issue plunger were all that stood between me and Pooageddon.

Suck it up, Fee. Big girl panties and adulting and all that.

"At what point," I waved the dripping plunger, wincing as droplets of yuck flew, "did I think owning a bed and breakfast was going to be glamorous and romantic?"

Fiona Fleming hasn't lived in Reading, Vermont in over a decade, her escape from small town living leading her to New York City and a life of adventure. An adventure that has left her with no career, an ex who cheated on her and zero plans for the future. Her grandmother's death grants her a new chance--inheriting Petunia's, Iris Fleming's bed and breakfast, seems like the ideal fresh start. But when Fee finds out ownership of the property Iris willed her might be in question, she's drawn into the seedy underbelly of the cutest town in America after being singled out as the main suspect in a murder.

My Thoughts:

Fiona is having a bad day that gets a whole lot worse.  First she finds herself fixing a toilet next she gets delivered to her a envelope from Pete a contractor who says he is going to take her grandmother's bed and breakfast away due to the will and him being the rightful heir Fiona's day seems to go down the toilet.  Finding a little solace at her parents house until she gives her father the envelope.  Next thing she finds is the contractor dead in her koi pond.  Who killed Pete and why?  Was it someone close to Fiona?  Of course the mayor won't let the chief of police just close down the bed and breakfast.  Someone seems to have it out for Fiona and she will have to put on her big girl panties to figure this one out.

I loved this book being small town and watching Fiona deal with everything that gets thrown her way.  She's definitely got her hands full with this story.  Definitely a great mystery that pulls you in and makes you want to finish this story to find out how it will end.  Anyone who loves cozy mysteries will definitely want to add Fiona to your list of sleuths to keep up with!
This entry was posted in

2 shout outs:

Patti Larsen said...

Thank you so much for having me and for the lovely review :)

Anonymous said...

I'm no longer certain where you're getting your information, however good topic.
I must spend a while studying much more or understanding more.
Thank you for excellent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

my blog: Get coupon now