Saturday, September 17, 2016

Interview with Cassidy Salem author Dying For Data


What genre do you write?
I write cozy mysteries with elements of romantic suspense.

How did you come to write (said) genre?
I enjoy all kinds of crime fiction, including traditional mysteries, police procedurals, and cozies. Cozies are fun and usually entertaining. I enjoy trying to follow the plots set forth by other writers in hopes of identifying the culprit. And they are typically light and enjoyable reads.  Because I enjoy reading them, I decided to try my hand at creating my own.

Who is your favorite character to write about?
At this point in the series, I’d have to say Adina Donati. Adina is smart and talented, and kind. She has an independent spirit, but is willing to accept help from others.

Who inspires your books?
No one in particular, though this series does draw a bit on my personal experiences. I knew I wanted to write a cozy mystery and that I wanted it to be in a “new” setting. After graduating from college, I worked in two different think tanks, one of them in D.C. When I decided to try my hand at writing, I wanted to create a mystery centered around a character that I could identify with, in a setting and job that would hopefully ring true.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
Phew. Finally, an easy question.  I love music, almost all kinds of music. And I love to sing and go dancing with my husband regularly.

If you were stuck on a deserted island what three things would you take?
1.    A wonderful man who knows how to make and fix things - my husband.
2.    My Kindle, filled to maximum capacity with great books.

3.    A self-renewing supply of chocolate. (I know there’s no such thing but there should be!)

0 shout outs: