Monday, July 25, 2016

Review: Short & Tale Tales: Moose County Legends by: Lilian Jackson Braun

Title: Short & Tale Tales: Moose County Legends
Author: Lilian Jackson Braun
Publisher: Putnam
Series: The Cat Who Series
Format: Hardcover
Source: Private Purchase

Description:

"Good news for fans of the best-selling Cat who... mysteries--fictional columnist James Qwilleran has finally finished his book showcasing the colorful stories related to him by residents of Moose County, that famous region four hundred miles north of everywhere."

My Thoughts: 

I recently picked up a copy of this book and found it to be just what I expected, although I have found others anticipated a mystery book it's anything but mystery it's chock full of little stories people have told James Qwilleran when they ran in to him in Moose County.  I found them delightful and love how people came up to him on the street or at his residence with another story from long ago.  I think people need to remember that James always said one day he'd write a book about all these little stories that have been sent his way over time.  I thoroughly enjoyed the stories definitely some quarky ones to say the least.

I have been a fan of Lilian Jackson Braun since I was a teenager and my aunt handed me one of her books to try out and see if I would like it which I did so during my summers she would get me caught up on the recent cat who books, such a joy to read and go back to that time when I didn't even know what a cozy was much less had a genre for it.  It all started with the cat who saw red and the rest they say is history!

For those who love the Cat who books which ones is your favorite?
This entry was posted in

0 shout outs: