Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 goals

When I saw Paula's post, I thought I should make one as well. I try not to set way-too-specific goals because reading is one part of my life that lets me go with whatever I want, whenever I want, so why limit my freedom too much? Anyways, enough chatter. Here we go.

READ MORE:
This was Paula's first too, and I stole it from her because "read more" is a life goal. My "read more" consists of books I've been curious about for a long time but never got around to. I've set my GoodReads goal to 60 books again this year. I really believe in quality over quantitiy when it comes to books because I want to read the good stuff, the stuff that lost none of their charm for years, the books that people pretend they read but didn't really have the courage to. I have a project with a friend where we will read a total of 52 books from the same publisher. I'm also starting the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge, which, I must stress, isn't something I'm crazy enough to think I can finish in a year.

TALK ABOUT BOOKS MORE:
Most people I come across cut the conversation off when I mention a book they haven't read. Instead of going "oh, well" and switchig the subject, I'm going to tell them why I read it and liked/hated it, and what they can gain from checking it out. I'm gonna use more book references in daily life too.

INTERVIEWS:
This year I'd like to continue author interviews, and hopefully have them be more frequent than last year. I'm also planning to interview new authors who are looking to promote their books.

This is all I can think of right now. Like I've said, many things change quickly so we shall see how I do.