Tuesday, February 23, 2016

BOTM Interview with Lori over at Escape with DollyCas

Recently I had the chance to sit down with Community Bookstop's BOTM Lori@Great Escapes Book Tours to interview her for my blog.  She is a joy to talk to and get to know.  Thank you Lori for making the time to talk with me!

How did you become a book blogger?

I was injured in an auto accident in 2001. Over the years I made some very good friends online and in 2009 one of those friends, Lori from Lori’s Reading Corner, encouraged me to start a blog. On December 31, 2009, I finally took the plunge and I have been sharing my literary “escapes” ever since.

What type of books do you read? 

I like to read most genres, but not sci-fi or horror or anything with werewolves, vampires or zombies. Joyce Lavene was getting me to read some of those before she passed away. She and Jim just have a special way of making them almost friendly.

How did you become a tour host? 

It started out as a way to get books when I was new to blogging. It also opened me up to several authors I probably would have missed. Now that I organize tours myself I get to get to know the authors and I really enjoy helping them promote their books.

What is your favorite part of book tours? 

My favorite part of the tours is the day they start and going to each blog and seeing the posts. This continues each day of the tour. I enjoy reading all the blogs and the hosts thoughts about the book.

Do you have a favorite Genre? 

Definitely Cozy Mysteries, I used to do a lot of crafts, so now I read about other crafty people who just happen to solve crimes too.

Do you have a Favorite Author?

I have so many favorites I would never be able to choose just one.

When you’re not reading what are you doing? 

Setting up and running virtual book tours, writing posts from my blog, watching Days of Our Lives, or another prime time show. Right now everything stops for Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. Of course if the grandchildren are here they get all my attention.

If you were deserted on an island and could only have three things what would they be? 

My Kindle Fire (with a battery that doesn’t die.) A Cabana with a fully stocked bar, sunscreen.



0 shout outs: