Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Spotlight: Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction by: Amy Metz

SHORT AND TALL TALES large banner640

Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz

Ms. Metz expertly treads the high wire between portraying the traditions, language, names, mannerisms and warmth of the small-town South while avoiding turning the characters into caricatures. ~Back Porchervations

The author knows how to make a reader sit and read from page to page to the very end with out leaving your comfortable chair. I highly recommend this book. ~Bab's Book Bistro

Definitely an enjoyable read and at times laugh out loud funny. Easily finished in several hours, and Amy leaves you wanting for more. ~Christa Reads and Writes

If you enjoy small town antics and colorful southern language, you'll want to visit Goose Pimple Junction where the folk may argue amongst themselves but respect their differences and are quick to lend a helping hand... along with an opinion. ~Laura's Interests

GPJ3CoverShort & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction
Genre – Cozy Mystery
File Size: 2120 KB
Print Length: 127 pages
Publisher: Southern Ink Press An imprint of Blue Publications
Publication Date: September 4, 2015
ASIN: B014XIMXOK

Synopsis:
This is not your average Southern town. With a hint of mystery, a lot of laughs, and unique charm, you'll catch a glimpse of everyday life in Goose Pimple Junction in this short story compilation. Short & Tall Tales occurs chronologically between Murder & Mayhem, book 1, and Heroes & Hooligans, book 2, in the Goose Pimple Junction mystery series. Book 1.5 is a fun escape that will answer questions readers may have about the residents of this quirky small town.

AmyMetzHow did Johnny Butterfield become police chief?
How did Tess and Jack get engaged?
How did Ima Jean come to live with Louetta?
How do you celebrate an Apple Day?

 These questions and more are answered in Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction. Five short stories, one novella, and three recipes will give you more of life in Goose Pimple Junction, make you laugh, and have your mouth watering. If you want a feel-good read, you've come to the right place. Grab some sweet tea and escape to Goose Pimple Junction.

  About This Author  
Amy Metz is the author of the Goose Pimple Junction mystery series. She is a former first grade teacher and the mother of two sons. When not actively engaged in writing, enjoying her family, or surfing Facebook or Pinterest, Amy can usually be found with a mixing spoon, camera, or book in one hand and a glass of sweet tea in the other. Amy lives in Louisville, Kentucky.

Author Links Website: http://amymetz.com
Blog: http://abluemillionbooks.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorAmyMetz
Twitter: https://twitter.com/authoramymetz Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6436458.Amy_Metz
Purchase Link: Amazon  

   GIVEAWAY TIME:
I have one e-book copy to giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment and include your email address and answer one question for me which is:

What genre in a cozy do you like the most, cooking cozies?, library cozies etc??

When I announce the winner I will tell you my answer to this question!!

6 shout outs:

Ellen C. said...

I love Amy's books--they're a hoot! E

Amy Metz said...

Thanks, Ellen!

Ellen C. said...

Pleasure is all mine! Btw I like historical mysteries the best since I can learn about the past while I'm being entertained--while I'm reading, I can pretend to be a flapper with a glamorous life!

Jen Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Scott said...

Thank you for introducing me to a new author. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

It is hard for me to decide which type of cozy I like best. So far, I enjoy food cozies, pet cozies, magical cozies, etc. I guess I like the holiday cozies the best (especially the Halloween ones for there is something extra spooky about a Halloween mystery).
myrifraf(at)gmail(dot)com

Amy Metz said...

Jen, I'd love for you to give GPJ a try. There's a Halloween theme in the second book, so I think you would like it!