Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Interview with Marie Moore author of Side Trip to Kathmandu

Today I had the pleasure of interviewing Marie Moore author of Sidney Marsh Mysteries.  She is going
to be releasing her third book soon.  So I had a chance to sit down and talk with her.

1. What Genre do you write? 

I write a travel mystery series featuring Sidney Marsh, an amateur sleuth, and her colleague, Jay Wilson

2. Can you tell us what brought you to writing mystery? 

I have always loved mysteries, from Nancy Drew forward. After I sold my travel business and had the time to do it, I decided to give mystery writing a try.  I enjoy writing mysteries.  It’s fun, sort of like playing dolls. My books are travel mysteries because that’s what I know.  After 15 years as a travel agent I’ve pretty much been all over the world and I kept good notes and took good photos on those trips. 

3. Who influences your writing? 

Do you have Favorite authors? I have many favorite authors in many different genres, for I absolutely love to read. As a kid, I got in trouble with my mom for reading under the covers with a flashlight after lights-out and reading books at school when I was supposed to be doing math (Yuck! Never was good at math!) Some of my favorite authors in my genre are Lawrence Block, Carolyn Hart, Michael Connolly, Randy Wayne White, Michael Stanley, Annamaria Alfieri and the late greats John D. McDonald, Rex Stout and Dame Agatha Christie.

4. What type of books do you like to read? 

I read mysteries, of course, but not when I’m writing because I can’t risk subconsciously picking up someone else’s ideas.  I also read a lot of history and biography and I have read most of the classics. 
5. If you were stranded on an island and only allowed to bring three things what would they be? A zodiac and two tanks of gas.  Sorry, couldn’t resist!  I would likely choose my family’s photographs, my Bible, and matches.

6. What do you do when you aren't writing? 

Take care of the aforesaid family, cook, garden, and travel as often as I can, for wanderlust never leaves you.  Sometimes I paint. I like to fish, love the beach, the ocean, but don’t get there as often as I’d like.

 7. Being a Travel Agent what are your favorite places you've been?

Certain cities have special charm for me, like Buenos Aires, Paris, Hong Kong, Salzburg and Venice. I love Scotland and Poland, and India, South Africa, and Egypt. It is difficult to say what my favorite place is, for they are all different and I have many favorites. There are so many interesting places in the world, so many interesting people. That is why I chose to become a travel agent in the first place, so I go to places I could not otherwise afford to visit.

Other books in the Sidney Marsh series are:

Marie Moore's website and social media links:
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mariemooremysteries
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/mariemmysteries

1 shout outs:

Marie Moore said...

Thank you so much, Paula, for sharing my new travel mystery with everyone! I hope your readers will enjoy Sidney and Jay's adventures as much as I enjoy writing them! Thanks! Marie