Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Editorial: Contemporary Romance The New Big Thing

I've noticed lately that romance is getting more and more popular and I don't mean the bodice ripper type books I'm leaning more towards the Contemporary Romance from authors such as:


  • Kristan Higgins
  • Melissa Foster
  • Jill Shalvis
  • Sherryl Woods
  • Debbie Macomber
I admit I am all for a great romance that has some story to it.  Something other than straight romance. Melissa Foster has a great new series Sisters In Bloom which is great because the sisters have issues they work out and find out what they want.  I really enjoy the freshness Melissa offers with this series and can't wait to read the next one!

Kristan Higgins is great for that her books always make me laugh as the main character usually the girl has some other issues usually they aren't the perfect girl but that is what makes them so great.  I also found this when I read It had to be you by: Jill Shalvis  the main character had so many issues but it was great to see her over come those issues.

I also notice with Young Adult books Sarah Dessen is one Sarah Ockler is another one who writes about girls and their issues.  I think it's great to write about girls who have problems and not perfect.  

I love reading these books who have issues but they over come them for what they want.  And they aren't always the same issues sometimes it's a family issue or a personal issue.  I am pulled into these books and love their stories.  

Do you read contemporary romance?  Are you pulled into their stories?  If you don't read romance what are you reasons for not reading romance?

0 shout outs: